-Lunch or activities at the St George Active Life Center
-Grocery shopping at various locations (call for details)
The Dial-a-Ride service provided by the St. George Active Life Center is available Tuesday thru Friday from 9:30am to 2:00pm in the St. George area, including Ivins, Santa Clara, Sun River, Bloomington, Bloomington Hills and Washington City. Suggested donation is $3.00 one-way or $5.00 round trip for all transportation provided. Transportation is provided on a first come, first served basis. So, the earlier you call the better your chances of getting the requested assistance. Rides are not available on Holidays or when the Senior Center is closed.
To schedule transportation, please call the St George Active Life Center at 435-301-7296, choose option #1.
- TO SCHEDULE A RIDE – LEAVE A VOICEMAIL ANYTIME with the following information
- First and Last name, telephone number and home address
- Date and time you would like to be picked up at home
- Destination name and complete address
- Appointment time (if applicable)
- Time you would like to be picked up and taken home
- Any special conditions including mobility equipment/ personal assistant, etc.
- We will call you back to CONFIRM your request
- Request rides at least THREE business days in advance (excluding Monday)
- First Come – First Served
- Medical appointments take precedence over other rides
- SUGGESTED DONATION: $3.00 one way / $5.00 round trip
- Driver can only take scheduled riders to scheduled destinations (if your spouse is coming with you, you must include him/her when requesting the ride)
- BE READY! The driver has a 15 minute window on either side of the scheduled pick up time.
- The rider shall be ready 15 minutes prior to scheduled pick up time and come out to the bus when the bus arrives
- The driver will wait a maximum of three minutes at pickup location for passenger. This will be strictly enforced to keep the drivers on schedule.
- CANCELLATIONS: The rider is responsible for cancellation of scheduled rides as soon as possible so other people may be served. You can leave a voicemail to cancel.
- To cancel a scheduled ride, please call 435-301-7290, option #1 (Please leave a voicemail if it is not during our normal operating hours) If you must cancer the day of your appointment you must leave a message before 8:00am.
- Failure to cancel your scheduled ride it will result in a No-Show being recorded to your customer record. Three no-shows may result in DAR service being suspended for a period of time.
- SERVICE ANIMALS ONLY: Our policy on service animals follows the Americans with Disabilities Act. A copy may be obtained from your driver, transportation coordinator, or center supervisor.
- GROCERIES: You can purchase what you can manage in 1 trip and must not rely on driver for assistance. Maximum weight of 20lbs and please use stand up grocery bags (Reusable Bags). If it takes more than 1 trip, we’re not the right service for you. Ask your driver for information on local grocery store curbside pickup or delivery programs.
There is a high demand for this service and we try to serve as many patrons as possible
For additional information on routes and times, we would be happy to answer any questions. Please call us at the phone number listed above.
For disabled individuals under 60 years of age, there is a charge of $6.00 one way or $10.00 round trip based on availability and must be paid directly to the driver.