|Acrylic Painting||Wednesday||1:00pm – 3:30pm||$2.00|
|Ceramics||Wednesday (the day the instructor is here)
Tuesday, Thursday, Friday (open work days)
|10:00am – 3:30pm||$2.00|
|Knitting & Crocheting||Tuesday||1:00pm – 3:00pm||$1.00|
Beginner to advanced art students are invited to join our year-round acrylic class at any time. Drawing skill is not necessary. We learn interesting techniques to paint photo-realistic style art, using acrylic paints. Group participation is encouraged in the learning process. Each artist also has opportunity to show their completed word at the Zions Bank gallery.
Things to bring:
- Acrylic paints (can be craft paint or acrylic sets)
- Acrylic (synthetic) paint brushes in various sizes, including a 1″ flat
- Canvas (stretched), canvas panel board or acrylic paper
- A palette to mix colors (paper plate is okay)
- Graphite transfer paper
- Small spray bottle (optional, but helpful)
- Tracing paper may be helpful
No experience necessary! Bring your own bisque or green ware, or purchase items in class. We have
our own kiln. We use glaze and acrylics – pay for what you use or bring your own. The ceramic room can always be opened for you to work on your project. However, instruction is available on Wednesday afternoon from 12:30 to 3:30.
Things to bring to class:
- Cash to purchase items/class donation (no credit cards)
- Brushes (not necessary but recommended)
- Good sense of humor
Drawing Technique for Painters – SUSPENDED
This class uses graphite pencil and paper. Instruction and exercises will improve drawing and/or painting abilities.
Knitting & Crocheting
Meet other like-minded people and turn your yarn into something spectacular. Having trouble with your pattern? Get some help from other yarn crafters. Bring a project you want to work on and a smile!
Oil Painting – SUSPENDED
This class is for all levels of painters. Work on projects, learn new techniques.
Things to bring:
- Board – 16″ x 20″
- Five colors of oil paint (red, yellow, black, ultramarine blue, white)
- Three brushes – 1/4″, 1/2″, 1″
- Linseed oil
- Odorless paint thinner
- Photo or picture to paint
Watercolor Painting – SUSPENDED
From beginner to advanced painters are welcome in this class. Work on projects, learn how to design and prep paintings, and get help as needed. Things to bring to class:
- Artist-grade watercolor paint or closed palette (if you plan to purchase paint from instructor)
- Watercolor paper (not blocks or pads)
- Brush, preferably a Leow Cornell Round #12. Additional brushes: 1/4″ acrylic with a sharp point and a Leow Cornell Round #8
- Board, hand towel, blue tape or four clips, kneaded rubber gray eraser, paper towels, reference photos.